You can create a wallet from the MetaMask browser extension (if you’re using a computer) or the mobile app (on a smartphone).
- Open the MetaMask extension or mobile app.
- Choose to create a new wallet.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to create a password and Secret Recovery Phrase.
- The password will be used to unlock your wallet. You’ll also need the password to view your Secret Recovery Phrase.
- The Secret Recovery Phrase is a unique 12-word phrase that is generated when you first create your wallet. Your Secret Recovery Phrase allows you to recover your wallet if you forget your password or when you change devices. Make sure you keep your recovery phrase safe, and do not share it with anyone. Write it down on paper and save it in a safe place, or use a secure password manager. If you lose it, you won’t be able to recover your wallet.