Turn on NFT detection so that NFTs you’ve purchased will appear in the MetaMask app. If some NFTs do not appear, you can manually import them.
Turning on NFT detection
Here’s how to turn on NFT detection for Ethereum in the MetaMask app:
- In the MetaMask app, tap the NFTs
- When the NFT detection message appears, tap Turn on NFT detection in Settings.
Note: If you don’t see the message, tap to open the menu, and then tap Settings > Security & Privacy.
- Turn on these two settings:
- Enable OpenSea API
- Autodetect NFTs
- If you have NFTs in another blockchain network, tap Wallet at the top of the screen, and then select the network. Then repeat the above steps to turn on NFT detection.
- If NFT detection is not available when other networks are selected, you’ll need to manually import your NFTs to the app.
If NFT detection is not available in a selected blockchain network, you can manually import your NFTs to MetaMask. To import an NFT, you’ll need to specify its token ID and contract address.
Here’s an example of how to get an NFT’s token ID and contract address from the Polygon network and import the NFT to MetaMask:
- In the MetaMask app, tap Wallet at the top of the screen, and then select Polygon Main Network.
- Tap > View on Polygonscan to access the Polygonscan block explorer.
- Scroll down the page and find the Transactions Then, tap the transaction ID of the NFT you purchased. For details on how to find an NFT’s transaction ID, see How do I find the Transaction ID (txid) of the NFT that I purchased?.
The Transaction Details page then appears.
- In the Overview tab, scroll down and find Tokens Transferred. Find the <TokenID> and make a note of it for later.
Tip: You can write down the token ID manually or take a screenshot for a quick reference.
- Tap the name of the NFT.
- In the Contract field under Profile Summary, tap the copy button to copy the NFT’s contract address.
Note: If you’re unable to copy the contract address, tap the share button , and then tap Copy to clipboard to copy the current URL. Then, paste the URL into a browser app, repeat steps 1-6 in the browser, and finish the remaining steps in the MetaMask app.
- Tap the back button to exit the Polygonscan block explorer.
- Tap the NFTs tab
- Tap Import NFTs, enter the contract address and token ID in the corresponding fields, and then tap IMPORT.