The MetaMask extension and mobile app have the Ethereum network added by default. You need to manually add the Polygon network.
- Go to the network settings screen:
- In the MetaMask extension:
Click your current blockchain network (Ethereum), and then click Add Network.
- In the MetaMask app:
Tap the Menu button, and then tap Settings > Networks > Add Network.
- Enter a network name. (For example, “Polygon Main Network”.)
- Configure the following settings as specified:
- RPC URL: https://polygon-rpc.com
- Chain ID: 137
- Symbol: MATIC
- Block Explorer URL (optional): https://polygonscan.com/
Save your settings.